a multitude of random thoughts + some serious ponderings + a little bit of creativity = a collection of my scribbles :)

Sunday, May 6, 2012

May 5: Bird

I'll be honest. I am not a fan of birds. They have beady eyes, disgusting habits, and nasty feathers. Do you see where I'm coming from?

My disgust for birds is several years in the making. We seemed to start off on the right foot, since I adored Big Bird as a child. But this bird appreciation was quickly replaced by a deep-seated fear.

Two main incidences have contributed to my fear of birds. The first involves geese which are probably my least favorite birds of all. They are evil, I tell you! So, envision this scene: Little Megan and Uncle go to lake. Megan and Uncle feed bread to geese. Megan and Uncle run out of bread. The geese want more. The geese decide to use Megan's clothing as a substitute for bread. Megan runs away screaming. Geese run after Megan honking. Little Megan is scarred for life. The End. Tragic, I know.

The second incidence consists of an entire day of birds hating on me. On this day, my mischievous cousin threw a dead bird on me, and another bird leaked on my shorts as I was swinging on the playground. Seriously? What are the odds?

Add in the fact that I go to a school flooded with aggressive geese, and I think you can understand my dislike of birds. Needless to say, I was not looking forward to taking a picture of a bird.

That is until I thought of a bird I rather like.


This bird is one of the charms on a pair of earrings I bought at Claire's a few years ago. I like these earrings because each of the charms are so different and pretty. And the bird is actually rather elegant. So, today I learned that not all birds are yucky or evil and even some of the real birds can be enjoyed...from a distance. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...