a multitude of random thoughts + some serious ponderings + a little bit of creativity = a collection of my scribbles :)

Friday, May 4, 2012

May 3-4

I was pretty busy yesterday, so I didn't get a chance to post yesterday's picture. But I definitely made sure to take it!

The subject for May 3 was "something I wore today." I chose to feature a piece of jewelry that I wore. I own three rings that are really special to me, and I'm almost always wearing one of them. Yesterday, I wore the ring that my Grandma Elsie gave me for my 13th birthday. There is one jewel mounted in the ring. It's cut in the shape of a heart, and apparently, it is my birthstone.

My birthstone is a rather funny thing. You see, my birthstone changes colors. I have various pieces of jewelry featuring my birthstone, but they're all different colors. Ice blue, turquoise, purplish-blue, just plain blue. I should really look into this. Does the stone just come in different colors or are some people seriously confused? I don't know.

Anyway, this ring is special to me because it was from my Grandma Elsie. She passed away when I was just 16, so everything I have that reminds me of her is especially precious to me. Grandma's present was sweet and elegant and sort of a coming-of-age present for me. I felt so important, so grown-up when I received that ring. I still wear it with pride, and every time I look at it, I think of Grandma.

I miss her. I wish she was here to see me today. I wish she was here to see that little girl all grown-up.



May 4: Fun!

I had a lot of fun today, so it was rather difficult trying to narrow it down to one picture. Probably the best thing I did was just take it easy. I finished up my semester yesterday, and it felt so good to do nothing. No responsibilities. Nowhere to be. Just time to relax.

My mom and I spent the morning perusing Michael's and Hobby Lobby, one of our favorite things to do together. We picked up some super cute decorations for my sister's after-grad party, and I found all of the supplies I need to make my Mother's Day present. I thought about putting a picture on here of the items I bought (as it was very fun to decide on which things to buy), but then I decided I better not if I want to keep it a surprise to my mom. You never know when she'll drop in on my blog! ;) Maybe I'll post pictures of the finished product.

In the afternoon, I spent my time planning and dreaming about our family's next Walt Disney World vacation. If you know me, you know how I love Disney. In fact, one of my friends once told me that if Walt Disney World was a man, I would marry him. To that I replied, "Of course!" If there was a man with that much creativity and attention to detail wrapped up inside of him, I would nab him for sure. ;)

When thinking about Disney World, I usually like to watch Disney tour DVDs, check out the Disney website, read the Disney Parks Blog, or watch those good, old classic Disney movies (which we still have on VHS, I might add). Today, I spent my time reading our numerous issues of the Disney magazine "Celebrations."



This magazine is phenomenal! If you are a fellow Disney-lover, do yourself a favor and get a subscription to this magazine. It is well-worth the price. The articles and photography are top-notch. It's a dream of mine to one day write an article for this magazine.

So, I read through our most current issue and two of the back issues that we have collected. It was so much fun! I learned some new things that I hadn't picked up on during my first reading. I read about the elaborate construction of Spaceship Earth at Epcot (affectionately known as "the Ball" to many fans), the detailed art of The Tree of Life at Animal Kingdom, and the ingenious development of Finding Nemo: The Musical, also found at Animal Kingdom, along with numerous other tidbits of valuable Disney knowledge. Definitely my idea of fun!

People may think I'm crazy for loving Disney so much at my age, but I say Disney is not just for kids, it's for the kids at heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...